Published by IFRI
(Institute Francais des Relations
Internationales- French Institute for
Directed by Thierry de Montbrial and
Philippe Moreau Defarges
Publishing House: Dunod
Ramses first appeared 25 years ago, and this year's issues was the 26th, and therefore the two authors issued a new formula of this work, with radical changes, but still keeping the elements that ensured its wellknown success.
Thus, Ramses 2008 has a smaller and more user-friendly, easy to handle format, and its typing is clearer, which allows the public a faster reading. For the articles are shorter and more striking.
The traditional four-part structure was changed, so the new one has seven theme chapters, plus the two parts remained the same, the "Perspectives" by Thierry de Montbrial and "References", the documentary part.
So this is the new structure of the book:
1. Perspectives - by Thierry de Montbrial, an original synthesis of the year 2007, covering the ensemble of international relations.
2. World issues: The nuclear order; Monetary stakes; Oil; Climate changes; Space.
3. Europe: The European constitutional process; New member states; The Union frontiers; Germany: economy, domestic policy; Germany: foreign policy; Spain: regional autonomies; Italy; Poland; Great Britain.
4. The Russian world: Russian oligarchs; Russian survey organizations; Demography; Russia: economy; The oil weapon; Russia: foreign policy; Caucasus; central Asia.
5. Middle East: Saudi Arabia and the Gulf; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Lebanon; Palestine; Maghrebian Islamism.
6. Asia-Pacific: Asia: ten years after the economic crisis; Energy stakes in Asia; SouthEast Asia; China; India; Pakistan; Afghanistan; Japan; Korean Peninsula.
7. Africa: South Africa; African Horn; Ivory Coast; Darfur-Chad-RCA; Senegal; Protestant churches in Africa.
8. America: USA: domestic policy; USA: foreign policy; Latin America: populism; Brazil; Chile; Cuba; Mexico; Venezuela.
9. References: The world in maps (16 pages); The world in figures (150 countries); Cronology; Index.
The seven chapters of the book are presented in a more pedagogical manner, in a concise form, each chapter starting with an introduction, a general presentation of the theme approached, and the articles in each chapter are no longer descriptive, but analytical.
For the ones interested in reading this book I refer to some key words for the themes approached in Ramses 2008: strategy, international economy, world economy, international politics, foreign policy, international relations, political sciences, globalization, long-lasting development, international trade, international investments.
The very interesting and varied themes, as well as the author's experise in selecting and analyzing international tendencies, makes me recommend this annual encyclopaedia of international news- Ramses 2008. It is essential for students, managers, journalists, diplomats or any other person who wants to understand our changing world.
The World in 2020 Mapping the Global Future: Report of the National Intelligence Council's Project Publishing House: Cartier, 2008, Bucureşti The document entitled Mapping the Global Future: Report of the National Intelligence Council's [...]Published in 2008-05-23
EURASIAN EMPIRE A history of the Russian Empire from 1552 till today Author: Helene Carrere d'Encausse Publishing House: Orizonturi, 2008 The establishment of the Russian Empire was a process which spread on a period longer than three [...]Published in 2008-09-30
The Military Balance 2010 Publisher: Routledge - London The annual edition of the publication has been launched on 3 February 2010, at the Arundel House Conference Hall in London, and it has been presented by Dr. John Chipman, Director-General [...]Published in 2010-03-05
Supplement to Geostrategic Pulse no. 176 - “THE ISLAMIC STATE“ IN THE NEW GEOSTRATEGIC CONTEXT OF THE MIDDLE EASTPublished in 2014-10-05
The Republic of Moldova has a new president Corneliu PIVARIU The second round of the presidential elections in Moldova where Maia Sandu, the candidate of Action and Solidarity Party having a pro-European orientation, faced Igor Dodon, the [...]Published in 2016-11-20
- Published in 2016-12-20